Sunday, October 21, 2012

A step into the culture

Swirling in the galaxy our planet has small little beings attached. We, as I am one of them, have a slight notion of our whereabouts, as we round in circles around the sun and our own planet. But to us it is as if everything turns around us: the sun gets up and down in the horizon, and everything revolves around us, around me: my clock, my money, my friends, my troubles...

Of course, we are just drops of water in a giant cascade, whose origins is lost in time...

Lately some of these drops on the face of the planet have brought about gigantic changes on the planet: we (life) have done the oxygen revolution, but now we (mankind) are doing the "word revolution".

Like ants used their legs to create fantastic, complex and elaborate, labyrinths beneath the earth, so we, using "words", which are not really sounds, have created airplanes, cars and computers. We have a word for this: culture. Of course our words don't really capture what words are. But that doesn't matter for the almost all of us. In fact, almost all of us are happy with sex, power and food in abundance. Our words, our culture, make us seem intelligent, while, in fact...

Well, I'm part of this...

I look at the sea, it seems a microcosms inside the larger cosmos. I look at my body and I see a microcosms too. I look at the stars and I revel at the idea that my life is almost completely worthless. That gives me a sensation of freedom almost undescribable. If I'm not important I can do whatever I want with my (irrelevant) life. And, so, therefore, it becomes maximally important for me. I can do with it whatever I can and want.

Today I want to know the world: I want to feel the sea and the trees, I want to think about molecules, and galactic molecular clouds, I want my mind to travel from sea and stars to atmosphere, I want to imagine the life of dolphins, I want to imagine the life in the inner core of our galaxy, I want to see details of what the future of life is likely going to be, I want to see how the elections in the US are going, my fellow creatures here with me, sharing everything, sharing words, sharing kisses, sharing handshakes, sharing smiles, sharing pain and deprivation, sharing life and death, sharing words, sharing words, words, words...

We created a Mind, from which we all drink and share, which we all feed and alter...

Here is my today's contribution...

No comments: